Monday, February 7, 2011

Together We Can...

The PTA Reflections contest theme 'Together We Can...', didn't start out too promising. Madilyn wanted to take pictures of something. Her automatic response to the question, Together We Can, was 'make money'. Now I'm not artsy fartsy or anything but I didn't see a lot of potential for photos with that. So I let her think on it for a couple of weeks and we tried again. Below are the four pictures she entered in the contest.

She did a little cropping on a couple of them so the entries looked a tiny bit different than these but close enough. Two of her pictures were chosen to represent her school in the K-2 division in the school district (the first two pictures). Both pictures were finalists and one was chosen to represent the Puyallup School District at the state level. I'm not sure which of the first two was chosen as they haven't sent back either of them yet. The state judging takes place in April.

Last Friday Madilyn came home, as proud as she could be, with two giant ribbons. Since starting school, she has struggled feeling like she is talented at something. I'm not sure why because as mother I see talent everywhere including places it probably isn't. Its given her confidence in herself and now she wants to try out for the school talent show...hula hooping... to Lollipop. We'll see how it goes.





1 comment:

  1. I like picture #2. I think that is the winner. Nice photo, Madilyn!
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete