Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Emma!




























My little Emmabug turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. She wanted a ladybug cake which I thought was interesting since she's terrified of bugs, unless its a spider on the ceiling at which point she claims its her friend Spidey and I'm not allowed to kill it.

Can I just say this was the hardest birthday shopping I've EVER had? What do you get for a child that is happy with what she has except for a scooter that she's been asking for since Madilyn got one for her birthday. I was online looking for ideas for so long that my carpal tunnel syndrome from college came back!

In honor of her birthday I thought I would share some Emma facts:


  • she has 3 body books and one body coloring book

  • she loves them

  • she knows where the cerebellum is

  • and the brain stem

  • and stomach

  • and liver

  • and loves the parts of the inner ear

  • she keeps asking me what the adrenal glad does and I have no idea

  • she is incredibly sensitive - emotionally (think crying over which breakfast cereal to eat in the morning) and physically (sound, light, smells)

  • loving - I get more hugs from her than anyone else

  • cuddly - she would be happy being in physical contact with me at all times

  • smart - she started sounding out words at 3 and now she does a 1st grade reading and writing book (she starts kindergarten next year)

  • she has the most quotes on Notable Quotables from Nashville

Emma is a special girl. We are so blessed to have her in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment