Monday, February 4, 2013

Is it February?

Shoot. I'm so far behind. Let me get caught up here. Christmas came and went. Presents were opened. Children were happy. OK. Done there.

January...I'm not sure where it went? Madilyn's science fair project was due, at least the experiment part and I have to tell you I really wonder what kids do that don't have parents who'll help them. Because it was a lot of work and I'm all about making sure they do their own projects. Glad that's done.

Jeremy had a birthday. I decided to take some pictures for his office. He has lots of pictures of the girls but only one of Garrett and none of Grant. Here's the collages I put together and then framed. (I'm not a photographer, and I only have a point and shoot, so you know, they turned out OK, considering. Wow I used a lot of commas in that sentence.)




 These didn't make the cut but they were still cute.



Lastly in January I participated in a vocal...I guess you could call it a competition, sort of. Anyway, I was in the category for people who've taken lessons forever but were not music majors in college. I had to prepare one art song in English, one in a foreign language, and then one more that was either another art song or an opera aria. I did a piece from a Mozart opera first and then the judges choose from the other two songs. Good news. I won my category/division/whatever its called. I'm glad I did it. I won some money that was kind of nice...however not enough to cover the cost of my accompanist :) Still a good experience.

That was January in a nutshell. I really am going to get back on track for my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful kids. We loved spending a few days with you. And you were the best by far of the winners at the concert that evening. Too bad there was no "Grand Champion".
    Love, mom and dad

    ReplyDelete