Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Show Time

Broadway Revue is the reason I am behind on blogging. I hadn't planned on participating this year but the director called and asked if I would sing Think of Me from Phantom of the Opera. How could I say no to that? Once we got going they said the girls could participate if they wanted. Madilyn wanted too so it turned out to be a fun thing that her and I could do together. It was a great experience. Good for Madilyn and me time, and good to sing a song that fits my voice type.

This is the only picture I have that you can really see Madilyn. She's the one farthest to the left. The guy in the front is Timon from Lion King, not the real one.

The hardest part about this song had nothing to do with the music. It was the costume! Because it starts out one way and has to be changed in 15 seconds while on stage. It gave me a few sleepless nights because it didn't get figured out until opening night!
And there you go. I looked like I was ready to cry in all the pictures. Not really a crying song soooo, not sure what to think about that. But as you can see we figured out the costume problem.



1 comment: