Tuesday, May 22, 2012

List - What I Know Now That I Wish I'd Known Then

They grow up to be such cute 2 year olds.
New babies are amazing, wonderful, beautiful, and fun. I love my new little one.

But let's face it, new babies are stressful. I've made more than my fair share of mistakes but I'm on new babe number four and I've learned a few things along the way. If I could go back and talk to me when I had Madilyn I would look me in the eye and say...
  • ask for help
  • accept help
  • its going to cry for no reason at all
  • its not your fault
  • no matter what anyone says, you know your baby better than they do
  • never apologize for a crying baby
  • its still not your fault
  • do what you have to do to keep your sanity, even if its putting the baby in another room and walking away
  • it may feel like forever, but this phase really doesn't last that long. In a few months you'll look back and think - I'm glad that's over.
  • AND its not your fault the baby cries a lot

2 comments:

  1. I always love your posts...but I really like this one. So true, yet so easy to forget when in the middle of it all. And I can't believe how big Garrett is...it's been forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad thing is this picture is from last summer. He's even bigger now:( Hopefully we'll run into you sometime this summer. Celeste's wedding?

      Delete