Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo

November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal - write a 50,000 word novel in one month.

Crazy? Yes.

Am I starting mine from word 1? Nope.

I am slightly ashamed to admit that I started to write a novel a few months before I had Garrett. (Not ashamed that I'm writing, but ashamed that I'm still not done with it!) Three years later...I have over 50,000 words but have not completed my first draft. Embarrassing.

So...now that I have 4 kids and unlimited time (please note sarcasm), I have decided to take the challenge. Not to start a novel from word 1, but to finish my first draft in one month. Since technically over 50,000 words should put me near the end it doesn't sound so bad except I'm pretty sure I'm not even half way done. And did I mention it took me three years to write the first half?

As anyone who writes knows, sometimes the first draft can be the most difficult part. At the same time once its done, its only a tiny part of the writing process.

I might look half crazed through the month of November but its time to finish.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! That's awesome. Can I be the first to read it?? Or first in line for a signing when you're famous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, would you be one of my proofreaders when I finally get to the point that I'll let someone besides me read it?

      Delete