Sunday, December 6, 2009

All I want for Christmas


It's happened. Madilyn lost her first tooth at our ward party on Friday night. She came to me with blood on her face and mouth and said, "We were wrestling and my tooth fell out." Jer looked around in the dark and found the missing tooth.
She was visited by the tooth fairy that night, but here's the debate, does the tooth fairy take the tooth or not? We don't know. In Jer's family she did, in mine she did not. Actually in mine we were lucky if mom remembered to leave the money. Sorry mom but its true. (However that's not so bad for a kid. Mom forgot once and when I asked her why the tooth fairy didn't take my tooth I magically found like a 5 or 10 dollar bill under my pillow within a couple minutes.)
So to take or not to take?
Oh, Madilyn asked me the next morning if she looked older, like a six year old, without her tooth. I told her it had definitely aged her.

5 comments:

  1. Heh heh heh, she looks like a homeless beggar lady with the tooth gone and the stocking cap. Oh, and the half-grimace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to say... i love that you posted the quote "if I can handle one kid, I can handle them all!' We laugh about it still!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. take it! and make a necklace out of all their lost teeth and give it to them when they graduate high school and leave for college. that's not creepy right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and my mom took and kept all my teeth. Then she gave them to me when moved out of the house. True story. And then Mylie found them in the back of my drawer one day, and gave them to Nolan who promptly dumped the little box, smashed some, and put the rest in his mouth. Do with that what you will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karli - I agree on the homeless beggar lady look. Its actually a variation on the Wallace and Grommet smile she almost always does for the camera. And yeah, Nolan eating your teeth is creepy. I think I'm only keeping the first.

    Heather - I love the necklace idea! Completely creepy but think of how she'll be excited when she opens her graduation present and finds all her teeth.

    ReplyDelete