Friday, February 19, 2010

A Child's Prayer


Anyone with kids knows that occasionally they come out with the best, most heart felt prayers. They also come up with the ridiculous and slightly irreverent. I thought I'd share one of Emma's most recent, just for kicks. This was a prayer at dinner.

...Please bless I'll feel better.
Please bless I won't get scared tonight that no witches will get me in my bad dreams. (Curse you Halloween.)
Please bless our fish that they won't die.
Please bless the frogs that they won't die.
Please bless Santa will come tonight and leave me a surprise.
Please bless that the surprise will be a toy because I like to play with them.
Please bless mom can go to the mall.
Please bless dad and Madilyn that they can work.
Please bless my plate has flowers on it....

It continued into silly giggles. Consequently, I whispered the end part to her so that we could actually eat the food. I can't remember everything she blessed but you get the gist of it.

Moral of the story - Have three-year-olds say the prayer at every meal possible.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, it is so true! Prayers at our house are the same way, it definitely keeps it entertaining! You have such an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to your children pray! Sometimes it is entertaining, other times it is entertaining/sweet. I will never forget the day that Madilyn prayed for me three times in the same prayer. I hope I did not scar her for life by being so upset that day, but is nice to know she can be so thoughtful and concerned for others. You have darling kids.

    ReplyDelete