Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day with Kids

Its funny how before you have kids you have all these romantic ideas about what makes a great Valentine's Day.

Yesterday we had a romantic dinner at home. I'd fallen asleep on the couch after church because Garrett insists on waking every 2 hours all night long, finally getting up at 4:45, when two big blue eyes woke me up and told me it was time for dinner. The table was set. The girls were giggling because Jeremy had put candles on the table. Madilyn made the napkins fancy like a restaurant by rolling leftover birthday napkins around the silverware.

Dinner was great because I didn't have to make it.

Valentine's Day was great because I felt loved.

1 comment:

  1. Do you watch "Modern Family" or "The Middle"? Of not, you should because they're both hilarious and about life with kids. And their V-Day episodes were so like that, and so funny. They're on Wednesday nights, on ABC I think. Find some on Hulu if you haven't seen them.

    ReplyDelete