Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Body

Heavy sigh. I've hit the plateau on the magic baby weight loss. Actually I hit it a few weeks ago. I'm not one of those women that loses it all in three months. Now marks the beginning of the frustrating hard work to reclaim my body. I was feeling particularly discouraged last night. But here's what I had to remind myself.

We have been blessed with four beautiful children. In all those pregnancies and deliveries I never had more than minor complications. This body hasn't failed me. Its done what it was supposed to do and now I need to be patient with it. I tend to be the kind of person that wants it NOW. I want to play basketball NOW. I want to run a triathlon NOW. I want to fit into my clothes NOW.

Unfortunately the old bod needs a little time to recover and get back in shape. I write this post that I can look back and remember to be patient, keep trying, and don't be so hard on myself.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way! I want all that weight to just fall right off but I'm not one of those people either. :( My baby is 10 months and I still have 10lbs to lose! You can do it!! We both can! Good luck!!! :)

    ReplyDelete