Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Wicked Twin

I was having dinner with some friends that had recently been to Portland to see the musical Wicked. One of them said, "I don't know what it was about the lady that played Elphaba but she reminded me of you." Here's the funny thing, I had just had another friend who'd seen the same production and she told me that she and her husband looked at each other 15 minutes into the show and said, "Does she remind you of...?" Yup, me.

Obviously, I was curious. Carla Stickler, is my wicked twin and we look nothing alike nor do we sound alike. Its the mannerisms, our way of moving, that are similar because when I watched a clip of her singing, the way she moved her hands looked eerily familiar.

BUT, here's the funny thing, I frequently get the "you look like" or "you remind of" someone. I realize that that happens to everyone at some point but it happens to me a lot.

The only physical evidence I have is the picture of me at state Jr. Miss with my roommate, who happened to be from the town where the contest was held. People kept talking to me like they knew me because they thought I was her. Weird. I'm the one on the right.


Oh to be 18 again. Ok, really just physically.
 
I guess I have a lot of twins out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment