Sunday, June 3, 2012

Notable Quotables

These were too long for the Notable Quoatable side bar.

Madilyn's conversation with a friend of mine while riding in her car:

My friend asked if Madilyn was going to be at the primary activity for church.

Madilyn (8) - I might not be able to go.
Friend - Oh why?
Madilyn -  Because you know, sometimes when parents have really grumpy days? If you do anything wrong, or if you even look at them wrong, they won't let you do anything. If its a really grumpy day, you better just stay out of their way.
Friend - Sometimes parents can have grumpy days. It's hard when you have a baby, and they keep you up all night and then cry all day. They are probably really tired.
Madilyn - Yeah, I think my mom is getting the hang of it and doing ok. And I KNOW my dad is doing fine because he just sleeps through everything!

And here's Garrett's conversation with himself on the way home from church:

(The girls had just seen a white slug bug)
Garrett - Green! Green! I see green car no slug backs.
No slug backs! (to no one in particular)
I said no slug backs!
Are we going home? (again no one in particular)
I had a really good time at church. I was grumpy.
Green! I see green! We can't eat grass (in a disappointed voice) but we can eat blueberries.
Mom? What do we have?
What do we have mom?
Mom? What do we have?
Me - What do we have?
Garrett - Ya what do we have?
Me - Nothing.
Garrett - We have nothing?
Me - Yup.
Garrett - But I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment