Thursday, June 27, 2013

Last Day of School

First Day of School
Hallelujah we survived the school year. I wasn't sure we were going to make it there at the end.


My kindergartner who happily declared she is now a first grader the second she got off the bus for the last time.
I always say it, what a difference a year makes, well school year that is. Emma has excelled at school this year. I was so worried she would have a hard time because she is definitely the most clingy of my children. But apparently not at school. She pretty much took kindergarten by storm - reading, writing, math all of it well above her grade level.  She loved school. Loved it. A lot. I hope her enthusiasm can continue through 1st grade.
 

My third grader that I had to practically tackle to get this picture.
This girl has grown up so much. For the first time she took it upon herself to get her homework done without me having to nag...very often. In fact, she usually had it done before she got off the bus. Third grade was full of ups and downs for Madilyn. She doesn't love school the way Emma does but she still does great. She represented her school at the district science fair and took third place. She is also reading at a 7th grade level. So proud of her.

I'm so excited have them home for the summer. At least I will be until they start fighting nonstop which will probably take about 10 minutes on the first day. Summer here we come!

1 comment:

  1. We are a month in to summer vacation and I'm ready for school to start again! Your girls are sure cute and look just like their mamma! :)

    ReplyDelete