Thursday, April 22, 2010

Trekkies Unite

For Mom
Reasons I Love Star Trek
  1. I loved watching it with mom.
  2. Spock
  3. "Boy that sure looks uncomfortable."
  4. Its fun to make up words to the theme song
  5. Good always defeats evil
  6. Humpback whales save the world
  7. Smart, brave women
  8. They talk science and even if its made up...I get it!
  9. I always wanted to be an explorer
  10. "I have been and always will be your friend."
You may have to be a trekkie to understand it all.
Mom posted her list to my comments and I wanted to share her Star Trek list too. Thanks Mom.

Reasons I love Star Trek:
1. James Tiberius Kirk
2. I remember how fun it was to watch with my mom.
3. Because it is so much fun now to watch with my daughter.
4. Because anything is possible in sci-fi.
5. Because I love to see the friendships between the characters.
6. The earth seems like a better place.
7. Spock and Data make me laugh-and remind me uncomfortably of myself.
8. Because I once wanted to be an astronaut.
9. Because I can remember reading my first science fiction book and dreaming I was there on Mars.
10. Because Trekkies understand each other.

2 comments:

  1. Baahahaha! Okay, okay, I may poke fun, but I'm really just jealous I'm not in your club. PS I found a sci-fi book I adore. I know, crazy, right? You should check it out. It's from the 70's (I think?) and is called Enchantress From The Stars. Can't remember the author right now. Sylvia something? Or maybe I already told you about it... Oh well, preggo brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so....sad...for/at you.

    Just kidding. You wouldn't be you without your Star Trek-ness. I do remember freshman year when you exposed your love for Star Trek...I remember thinking you were joking. :-)

    ReplyDelete