Wednesday, March 2, 2011

List - Children's Book Authors I Adore

These lovely people, whomever they are, have made reading to my children a joy. Madilyn is beyond most of them now but I can still talk Emma into readying them.

  • Dr. Suess - I mean really how can he not be on this list. My personal favorite is the 'pale green pants with nobody inside them'.

  • Jane Yolen - How do dinosaurs...etc. with wonderful illustrations. I once read a young adult book by her...she has an unhealthy fascination with dragons/dinosaurs.

  • Jane O'Connor - Any of you 'boy only' families probably don't know her but Fancy Nancy speaks to my frou frou little girls like no one else. Its really worth reading yourself as a mom because she's so over the top.

  • Barbara Park - Junie B. Jones is the funniest kindergartner I've ever read.

  • A.A. Milne - Not only do we love Pooh Bear, I have a poetry book of his that the kids love.

  • Shel Silverstein - Two words Runny Babbit, just saying it is funny.

  • Mo Willems - who is currently my favorite. The girls are too old for most of his stuff but I get it anyway because the illustrations and stories are hilarious. My favorite - Can I Play Too?

I love books.

1 comment:

  1. Of course, our lists would be identical. I heart Mo Willems. A children's theater down here actually did a main-stage musical production of "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus." Hilarious. I haven't read Can I Play Too... must check it out.

    ReplyDelete