Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Pirate, Horror!

The yawn of all yawns.
Dancing with my lovely sisters.
 
The reason I am so far behind on my blog, and on my summer as a whole, is that I participated in a production of The Pirates of Penzance. I played Kate, one of several daughters of the Major General (Modern Major General that is). Now one of our directors instructions was to have 'unity through individuality'. Meaning, each person was to have a distinct character.

I have to admit. I really, really, really wanted a sword. Really a lot. A lot. A lot. But alas I couldn't talk the director into letting me be the militant sister.

I was...the nerd.
Shocking?
Not so much.

On the inside, I'm a pretty big nerd.

But it was a good decision and nerdiness played off well.

I had fun with my girls Abby and Amanda. Abby being my voice student/little sister/friend (its a complicated relationship) and Amanda, my sister-in-law. And of course had fun with my 'sisters' on stage. What a crazy, hysterical bunch of women.

Oh, yeah and the pirates were good too.
My travel companions and Pirate 'besties' Abby and Amanda.

Oh more sister love and awesome faces.

Is there anywhere where that face is ok?

All our sister glory.

Woop, woop for a normal face during my solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment