Friday, August 9, 2013

Turning 4 - A study in marshmellow fondant

 He's had a birthday shout hooray! Garret turned 4 in July. He told me he wanted a dinosaur cake. I knew he only wanted a dinosaur cake because he went to his friend's birthday party the week before and he had a dinosaur cake. Garrett doesn't really care about dinosaurs.

I didn't listen to him and made a Transformer cake instead. I made marshmallow fondant. I have to say its not spectacular but it turned out pretty good. The best part was I made it while Garrett took a nap. When he woke up it was all done. He looked at it and gave me a huge hug and said, "Thank you for making a transformer cake!"
Not sure where this grin came from.

Garrett is a firecracker. Everything he does is at the volume of loud at the speed of barely in control. He's also extremely passionate. When he decides something, that's the way it is...in his reality. Unfortunately that doesn't always coincide with what actually has to happen. But alas, he's a sweet boy. He brings a lot of humor to our house.

Garret trying on his cap guns in the chaps and vest that Jeremy when he was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment