Monday, August 19, 2013

Ohanapecosh - A Long Name for Camping

Chillin by the river.
 Camping! Me and camping have had a rocky relationship. Check my posts here and here to get an idea of me and the big 'C'. BUT I truly feel that I've given it many tries and my husband didn't give up on me ANNNND I did in fact have fun and would like to do it again.

Words I never thought I would write.

We went to Ohanapecosh, near Mt. Rainier. It looks exactly like Harry and the Hendersons. I kept expecting a 'squatch to step out from behind the trees.

Alas, our only bear sighting.
 We took a hike to a nearby hot spring. It wasn't very big but we had a nice easy stroll through the woods. Garrett had to make sure the water really was hot.
Garrett's question - Is the hot spring really hot? Yes.
 Our campsite was up against a hillside with these huge boulders covered in moss. Uncle Philip and Uncle Jordan took the kids up there to climb on them. Later Madilyn wanted me to climb up there with her. I declined since I'm a little (a lot) scared of heights. I was impressed with her climbing skills. However, she did have a fall. Not a bad one but it could have ended with broken bones. Soooo, no more climbing for now.
Still makes me nervous.
 The Ohanapecosh River runs through the campground and the kids loved playing in it. It was extremely refreshing, when I say refreshing I mean cold. Brrrrr.
Taking a nap by the river.
 Chris and Amanda, Philip, and Celeste and Jordan were there with us. Just FYI.
Water fight!
 We had lots of fun. I would love to go there again, although I really need a long nap.

Random camping story that I have to share, Jeremy set off our car alarm at 3am. The neighbors loved us. :) Good times!
Yup the water was that cold.

1 comment: