Saturday, September 26, 2009

Camp Out!

A couple of weeks ago we had our ward camp out. I am not ashamed to admit that I am not a fan of camping. I don't like getting dirty or bugs or dirt or dust or dirt. Luckily for me I had a wonderful excuse to not actually camp out. My wonderful husband however stayed overnight with both girls by himself, with the full knowledge that it was going to start raining during the night. I know he's not a masochist so I assume he really wants the girls to like camping. Despite the fact that all of them had to get their shoes and coats on at 4 in the morning to tramp through the rain to go to the restroom, they had a great time. And I'll admit after Garrett and I came back in the morning it was fun.

The girls got to shoot at the archery range. Madilyn tried to throw the arrows from the bow but she eventually figured it out.













Ok so this one isn't of anyone I know but I thought you would all get a kick out of the fact that I walked into on of those black peg looking thingers. Yeah, that's where they hang the bows when they aren't being used. I was watching where I was going and took one in the forehead.
I love camping.


I'm not exactly sure what Emma was doing here but that's not any kind of bathroom facility and neither is she remotely potty trained. I thought it was funny.








Here's the other thing, the very aspect of camping that I detest is the very thing that makes it wonderful for my children. All the kids were playing in a giant mud puddle. Eventually they all moved on to other dirt related activities, except my Emma. She sang about the mud and talked to it until she had enough.
At which point she came to me and said, "Mom can you wash off my boots?" Wouldn't want our boots to get dirty.

Meanwhile I'm trying to figure how I'm going to get her home at the end of all this without moving the mud puddle from the field to my van. Let's just say we had a little nudist colony on the way home.It was a successful camp out. The kids had a great time. Jeremy worked hard to make it happen so he was happy.
I tried not to complain. (Tried mind you.)
I love camping.

No comments:

Post a Comment