Saturday, September 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies and Foreheads

We are told, in fact, commanded to be humble. I have decided that having children is truly the most humbling experience of my life. I'm not talking about the overwhelming sense of responsibility and awe you feel when you realize that Heavenly Father has blessed you with beautiful children to raise, teach, and mold into responsible adults. No, I'm talking about the fact that children point out every flaw you possess, even ones you may not know about.

Case in point, and I'm pretty sure I've already told most of you this story but I feel the need to readdress it and do a visual. Madilyn said to me a few weeks ago, and I quote, "Mom your forehead looks like a peanut butter cookie." I was confused at the time not seeing the resemblance between my forehead and a peanut butter cookie. She clarified, "Yeah, you know how you take the fork and put all those lines in it and stuff." Yup, wrinkles! I know I'm getting older but come on, a peanut butter cookie!

So in my own defence I've put two photos for you to decide if, yes in fact my forehead does look like a peanut butter cookie (which if you do don't tell me and let me live in my fantasy world in which it does not), or no and my five year old needs some work on her compare and contrast skills.



I think these pictures speak for themselves.

5 comments:

  1. See look, you already have 3 readers! And you thought no one would read it... :) Yea!!! I'm glad you caved! Here's to hoping that your computer holds out so you can keep posting, because I can already tell I'm really going to enjoy it. And, look at the bright side... it could be worse than a peanut butter cookie... she could have said raisin or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least peanut butter cookies are delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More support for "kids should be seen and not heard."

    Hey, what were you expecting from me?

    I too am glad you have started a blog. Will make me feel less guilty for not calling/emailing if I can just keep up with the Adventures in Nashville this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, she's a smart kid but I think she definitely needs some work on her compare and contrast skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, whatever Dana. It's not like you will continue to read the blog, unless she sends out a personal invitation after each post. :)

    Love you anyway.

    ReplyDelete