Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Day of School

Madilyn started Kindergarten a couple of weeks ago. All summer it moved slowly toward us. At times it made me cry to think of her growing up and entering school. She's come so far from the little toddler that ordered frunnies and a hamburger over the counter at the gun shop (where you only buy guns) to an energetic, dramatic five year old that has decided to be a queen for Halloween because queens are better than princesses. Then there were the days I wondered if I could talk the school into taking her all day.

Oh, and I got interviewed by the local newspaper for an article about kids going back to school. I gave the classic first child going to school answer of "I think I'll cry the first day." (On a side note, I wondered how they had chosen me to interview. The school called to see if they could give the paper my info. I had met the principal when I registered Madilyn and I wondered if I had made a particularly good impression on her and she had recommended my name. No that wasn't it. I then remembered that I had turned in Madilyn's registration the morning of the first day you could register for school. I was the first name on the list.)

Anyway, back to the first day of school...once Garrett was born everything went fast and the next thing you know I'm sending my baby off alone on the school bus. Buuutttt, she was ready and so was I. I thought I would cry but honestly if there had been tears they would have been for joy. Madilyn gets the social interaction she craves and I get a break for a few hours from one of my little Nashlings.


She's doing wonderful. So far her favorite things are recess and riding the bus. Here's her first day duds, along with the fam, and her waving from the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment