Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Summer

Here's a bunch of stuff from our summer. I'll try to give a running commentary along the way. For those of you other than my mom, you may find this very boring.

Despite the fact that I was pregnant, we did manage to get one good hike in this summer. It was Twin Falls up...somewhere. Ok I don't know exactly where but it was gorgeous. I slept the whole way there so the location is something of a mystery to me even now. We did go back and do the hike for my family's family reunion. Oooo, we had our family reunion in Cle Elum so the hike must have been near there! In case you can't tell I'm the giant pregnant bumblebee.















Emma learned how to fix her own hair.















Madilyn had her first dance recital, which nearly turned into a disaster at the end. Stupid recital virgins that we were, we didn't have flowers for her after the show. Luckily a lovely family in our ward who had two daughters in the recital gave us one of their bouquets so Madilyn never new her parents almost blew it.













We did a little fishing. I cleaned my first fish...only because I feel as the wife of an avid hunter, fisher, hiker, camper...gatherer...that I should at least know how to do it. I think I get bonus points due to pregnancy.















We had a huge shindig for the 4th of July. Not really, my girls plug there ears for snappers so this is as exciting as it gets for us.











Stay tuned for Garrett and the first day of school!

2 comments:

  1. Dude. Fish and pregnant belly? You do win mother of the year award, regardless of your affiliations with them outdoorsy types.

    Also... we did not buy flowers for Mylie at her first recital OR her Christmas performance. Luckily, we had relatives that came more prepared. This year, we bought one ONLY because they were selling them in the lobby. So, it's not about experience. It's more that we just don't care about our kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a lonesome grandma, thank you for the pictures and commentary. What cute granddaughters I have. I did laugh at the picture of you cleaning a fish. That's my girl! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete