Friday, November 6, 2009

What do 2 Princesses, a Queen, a Penguin, and an Air Freshener have in Common?


Absolutely nothing except that's what our family dressed up as for Halloween. Can I just say that the only reason I was a queen was to keep my kids from fighting. No, I'm actually serious. Madilyn told me weeks ago that she didn't want to be a princess, she wanted to be a queen because, and I quote, "They rule over all the land and get to tell everyone what to do." If that's the criteria for a queen you better believe its going to be me with my quarreling princesses. To keep Madilyn from bossing everyone around, which she does anyway, I was the queen for the night.
So our church party was Friday night and the girls wore one costume, the next night, Halloween, they got to wear a different one to go trick or treating. It worked out great because we have at least ten princess dresses in our home and yet Emma chose to wear one of her church dresses with a crown. Go figure.
My costume was a birthday present made for me by my talented sister-in-law Celeste. She did an awesome job and can I tell you all that it had something like 163 grommets on it. Yeah. For my own insecurities this isn't a great picture of me. I look schlumpy but it didn't really look schlumpy in person.
My favorite costume of the night was Jeremy's vanillaroma car air freshener complete with the wonderful aroma of vanillaroma . It was supposed to be a simple costume but in the end he had to put a lot of work into it. Now the problem is what do we do with it? It's too cool of a costume to throw away but I'm telling you right now that I can't stand having it hanging in my hallway much longer.
Anyone want a Vanillaroma?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to ask the obvious question here: um, why wasn't Jeremy the King? Or prince or coachman or frog or something? Karli will be disappointed in your less than full commitment to a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those things involve tights. Enough said. Plus I could only find a Penguin costume for Garrett. Maybe we were queen and princess of the Artic?

    ReplyDelete