Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Blessing


At the end of September Garrett was given a name and blessing at church. My awesome and talented mother-in-law made his outfit for him, which is great because I was ready to bless him in a white onesie. (Jeremy argued that was white trash but what does he know.)
The funny part of the story is that when it came down to it there was a miscommunication as to when in the meeting he was going to be blessed. I thought he was going to be blessed after the sacrament was passed so I only had him in the suit. I didn't want him to start fussing with the hat, jacket, and booties on. Well surprise, they blessed him before the sacrament and I had to send him as was. Soooo, all that work and he wore one piece out of four. Nice.
But that's not really what was important. I'm grateful I have a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder and could bless our son. I'm grateful family and friends could be there to share it with us.

Annnddddd...I'm grateful he looked great and didn't poop on it.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I just found your blog from Celete's and I absolutely love your quotes!!! I miss your little girl and have to see your new baby! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd. With the hat on, he looks like a Nash. With it off, he looks like a Parsons. Either way, he's darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I still think he's looking more and more like a Nash each day. He's got Jer's brown eyes and its seems only fair if he's got Jer's eyes he should look like me. The girls have blue eyes and look like Jer. Luckily the Nash genes make cute kids.

    ReplyDelete