Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Be Still My Geeking Heart

Stargeeks unite! I checked this book out from the library and I'm giddily geeking out. By reading it means 'reading' the show. Reading like how my communication (not communications, I could spend an entire post on the difference between those two) professors taught us to 'read' a speech, essay, tv show, or film.

Yes, its scholarly articles written about one of my favorite shows. Character analysis, post feminist comparisons, and the discussion of role playing video games on society (no I have not participated in a Stargate role playing game. Come to think of it I've never played any role playing game ever.) I feel like I'm sitting in Prof. Owens class all over again, examining camera angles, lighting techniques, and character development.

And I like it. I feel like a young (ok not so young) budding scholar all over again. My critical senses have been reawakened. Plus it talks about Stargates place amongst the sci-fi greats like Star Trek and The X-Files. Now that's something I can get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment